2020 Club Programme
Due to the current government guidelines to restrict the spread of the COVID19 Corona virus and our concern for our members that are especially at risk from this infection, the WQSC committee have taken the decision to suspend the majority of our organised on water activities for the rest of the season.
However, as the majority of club member’s boats have relaunched and restrictions on cruising have been lifted the club has started a WhatsApp group to encourage members to share their plans and cruise in company. If you are a WQSC member and would like to be part of the group contact Dick Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday Evening Sail Training has now resumed subject to a few requirements that facilitate social distancing in line with the RYA guidelines. Please contact Chris Commber email@example.com or Steve Kirby firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the training. For the remainder of 2020, training fees have been halved to encourage as many people as possible back onto the water.
We are still aiming to run a camping event for the club’s cadets in August and will circulate details as soon as they are available.
Information regarding our Annual General Meeting and the End Of Season Supper will be circulated as soon as they are available.
We will review government guidelines and legislation as the situation develops and will keep this page updated with the latest status of our event programme.
One or two members have expressed concern that the fact that their boats are yet to launch due to boatyard closures may cause them to fall foul of the club’s policy of allocating moorings to active cruisers. All members can be reassured that the club have no intention of taking any action in respect of vacant moorings during this challenging year.
Due to the government’s instruction that we all only undertake essential activities the mooring barge will not be operating until such time as these restrictions are lifted.
2020 Eddystone Charity Pursuit Postponed
The Eddystone Pursuit race was due to be sailed on June 20th and has been postponed until the autumn. If circumstances prevent the event being held this autumn, 2021’s date will be 19th June.